Impartial, Fair and Equitable Treatment
We assure you that:
- neither political allegiance, social status, the geographic origin of the person making the request, nor any other form of distinction will be taken into consideration in the delivery of our services.
A Quick and Courteous Reply
You can count on us to:
- serve you attentively, respectfully and courteously;
- immediately respond to your request or indicate to you the time when we will be able to do so.
High Quality Information
We take all the necessary steps to:
- give you the information you need during general elections — whether it be to allow you to exercise your right to vote or to be a candidate — or during the holding of public consultations;
- provide you with clear and complete information as well as documents written in easy-to-understand language;
- offer you a high quality website with data that are updated on a regular basis.
Easy Access to Our Services
We undertake to:
- offer you telephone information from 8 :30 a.m. to 12 noon and from 1 p.m. to 4 :30 p.m. on week days and provide you with access to our automated telephone services at lunch hour, in the evening and on weekends. These hours will be adapted during election periods;
- call you back on the same day or on the following business day when you leave a message at a time when our offices are closed;
- provide a teletype service for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired; • simplify our rules and procedures.
A Commission that is Accessible and Attentive
To facilitate a strong participation by citizens during the Commission’s public consultation hearings, you can count on us to:
- hold a sufficient number of public consultation sessions at the most appropriate locations;
- do everything in our power to enable individuals to express their views;
- accept all representations, whatever their form, with a minimum of formalism and without imposing time limits.
Confidentiality of Personal Information
We will take all measures required to:
- protect your personal information;
- make sure that the data found on the permanent list of electors will be used only as provided for in the Election Act.
To ensure that their commitments are respected, the Directeur général des élections du Québec and the Commission de la représentation électorale will make all of their personnel and partners aware of how to continue offering high quality services to all citizens.