Home > Municipal > Financing and election expenses (5,000 inh. or more) > RAPEQ



An authorization:

  • is mandatory to solicit and collect political contributions, incur expenses or contract loans;
  • is granted by the Chief Electoral Officer to a party, an elector who undertakes to run as an independent candidate in a general election or a by-election, or an independent candidate;
  • is obtained by filing an "application for authorization" comprising, among other things, the contact information of the official representative, the mailing address, and, where applicable, the name of the party and the contact information of its leader. The application is also accompanied with a list of supporting signatures of the required number of party members. The figure varies according to the number of inhabitants in the municipality in which the party will carry out its activities.

Need more information?

For more information on authorizations, please consult the section RAPEQ at the municipal level – Register of the authorized political entities of Québec on our website.