Home > Municipal > RAPEQ > How to request an authorization > Private intervenor > Political party

Political party

See field: provincial

Notice to the returning officer

An authorized political party that does not run any candidates during a general or by-election and that would like to act as a private intervenor must notify the returning officer of the municipality.

Start of the authorization

Thereafter, it is deemed to hold an authorization as a private intervenor from the date of reception of the notice and the returning officer of the municipality assigns it an authorization number.