Home > Provincial > Candidate > Withdrawal


If you wish to withdraw as a candidate, you must file a declaration of withdrawal with your returning officer. You will have to sign the declaration and have it signed by two electors in the electoral division in which you chose to run.

  • If you are a party candidate, you can withdraw as a candidate 48 hours after informing your party leader.
  • If you are an authorized independent candidate and withdraw prior to election day, your official representative will remain entitled to collect contributions that can be used to pay any debts arising from previously incurred election expenses.