Home > Provincial > RAPEQ > Changes to the information found in the Register > Political party > Change of name of a party

Change of name of a party

How to give notice?

A party or an entity that would like to change its name must, through its leader, apply in writing to us. This application must be accompanied by a copy of the resolution passed in conformity with the by-laws of the party and duly certified by at least two of its officers.

Prohibition during the election period

An application for change of name cannot, however, be made during an election period.

Consult the RAPEQ Guide for the instructions and templates.