Home > Provincial > RAPEQ > How to request an authorization > Private intervenor

Private intervenor

See field: municipal, school board

What is a private intervenor?

A private intervenor is an elector or a group of electors planning to incur publicity expenses during an election period, without directly promoting or opposing a candidate or a party, to either make known his/its views on a matter of public interest or win support for such views, or to advocate abstention or the spoiling of ballots.

How is an authorization obtained?

To obtain an authorization, it is necessary to complete and submit the appropriate form.

Please contact us to obtain the form.

Who grants the authorization?

For a provincial election, the form must be submitted to the returning officer of the electoral division of the domicile of the elector who is making the application.