Home > School board > Financing and election expenses > RAPEQ



An authorization:

  • is mandatory to solicit and collect political contributions, incur expenses or contract loans;
  • is granted by the Chief Electoral Officer to an elector who undertakes to run as an independent candidate in a general election or a by-election, or an independent candidate;
  • is obtained by filing an "application for authorization" comprising, among other things, the contact information of the official representative, the mailing address, and, where applicable, the name of the party or the authority and the contact information of its leader. The application is also accompanied with a list of supporting signatures of the required number of party members. This number varies according to the election level at which the party will carry on these activities.

Need more information?

For more information on authorizations, please consult the section RAPEQ at the schoolboard level – Register of the authorized political entities of Québec of our website.