Today, September 17, 2021, marks the beginning of the election period, which starts with the nomination of individuals who wish to be elected to the office of mayor, councillor or warden.
Such individuals have until October 1 at 4:30 p.m. to officially file their nomination papers. The names will be posted on our Candidates webpage as soon as they are registered by the returning officer of the corresponding municipality.
What does this mean for you?
When you know who is running in your municipality, you can seek out information to determine who you will vote for and make an informed decision. How?
- Reflect on your values and exchange with family, friends or colleagues about municipal issues that concern you;
- Keep up with current news in local media;
- Browse social media and the Internet, while checking the sources of the content you are reading;
- Find out about the political platforms that the candidates, teams and parties are running on;
- Ask the candidates questions on social media or by email.