You have less than one month to check your registration on the list of electors with Élections Québec, in preparation for the November 7 municipal elections. Do it now with our Web application or by contacting us.
Then, during the electoral period, you will need to contact your municipality to update your information. So make sure your name is written correctly on the notice your municipality will mail you. If it is not there, you will need to go to the location indicated on the notice to have your name entered on the list of electors or to modify your registration.
Remember that in order to vote, in addition to being entered on the list of electors at your domiciliary address, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be 18 years of age or older on Election day.
- Be a Canadian citizen by September 1, 2021.
- Not be under curatorship or have lost your election rights.
In addition, you must:
- Have your domicile in the municipality and have been living in Québec for at least six months.
- Be the owner of a building (cottage, apartment building, etc.) or occupy a business establishment located on the territory of the municipality for at least 12 months.
To know more about the municipal general elections, visit our website at www.electionsmunicipales.quebec/en.