The Réseau des compétences électorales francophones (RECEF) was created as a joint initiative of the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie and Élections Québec. The Réseau’s head office is in Québec. Élections Québec provides its general secretariat.
The RECEF promotes the holding of regular, free, reliable, and transparent elections. To achieve this goal, the RECEF:
- Supports its members, contributes to their professionalization and their development, and supports them in the implementation of perennial, neutral, autonomous, and independent electoral institutions
- Promotes professionalism through the exchange of experiences and best practices
- Promotes the full participation of citizens in elections
- Encourages election-related research
- Establishes and develops partnerships with institutions of a similar purpose
- Reflects on emerging electoral issues and helps members deal with them
In 2019, RECEF members created a Women’s forum, which aims to reflect on gender issues in the electoral cycle.
Visit the Réseau des compétences électorales francophones website (in French only)