Preliminary results

Home > Provincial > Financing and election expenses > Funding sources > Loan and suretyship

Loan and suretyship

See field: municipal, school board


The loan is granted to the official representative of a party, of a party authority, of a candidate or of an authorized independent Member.

Deed of loan

This loan must be contracted with an elector or a financial institution. In addition, it must be evidenced in writing by a deed of loan and be offered at the current market rate of interest.


Finally, only an elector can stand surety for a loan contracted by an official representative.