Who can vote?
To be able to exercise your right to vote in a general election or a by-election, you must be registered on the list of electors and meet the following conditions on the day of the election:
- be 18 years of age or over;
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be domiciled on the territory of the school board*;
- have been domiciled in Québec for at least six months;
- not be under curatorship;
- not be deprived of your election rights after having been found guilty of a corrupt electoral practice.
*During a by-election, the elector must be domiciled in the electoral division.