You may be able to:
- Vote in a mobile polling station in a remote location, if a voting and revision team travels to your area
- Register or change your entry on the list of electors online or by fax
- Vote by mail
You may also benefit from these measures if you are temporarily in such an area or community, for example because you are staying in a workers’ camp.
Check to see if you will be able to use these measures during the next election period.
Consult the list of polling subdivisions and electoral divisions covered by these measures to see if you can use them.
It is possible to:
- Vote in advance by mail.
- Change your registration on the list of electors and vote in advance, in person, in a location near your residence. This location may be open between and , depending on the schedule determined by the returning officer.
- Change your registration on the list of electors by mail, email, fax or online with the Application for entry on or a change to the list of electors form, from to .
Are you on the list of electors?
You must be on the list of electors at your home address if you want to vote. Here are three easy ways to check:
- Online, at Check your entry on the list of electors
- On the notice of entry you received in the mail during the election period
- By contacting us
Register or make changes to your entry on the list of electors
- Contact the returning officer of your electoral division to obtain the application form to register or change your entry on the list of electors.
- Fill in the form and sign it.
- Return it by e-mail or fax to the returning officer. It must be received by [jour -4].
If you wish to vote by mail, you must apply by [jour -14] at the latest.
At mobile polling stations in remote locations
In large workers’ camps and in isolated communities where the number of electors justifies it, the returning officer may establish a mobile polling station in a remote area. At the time of the visit of this office, you will be able to change your entry on the list of electors and vote. You will be able to change your registration on the list of electors and vote in that polling station.
Contact your returning officer to check if there is a mobile polling station in your area.
To be eligible for advanced polling by mail, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be eligible to vote
- Be on the list of electors, at your home address, no later than [jour -14]
- Be domiciled or temporarily reside in a polling subdivision subject to special measures
- Provide a mailing address in a polling subdivision subject to such measures
You can register to vote by mail:
- Online, using the Application to register for advance polling by mail
- By mail or fax: Contact us to obtain the registration form
The registration period ends no later than [jour -14].
Once you are registered to vote by mail, you will receive the necessary materials and instructions for voting by mail.
We must receive your ballot paper by 8:00 p.m. on [jour 0]. You are responsible for the cost of mailing your ballot paper.