The Directeur général des élections du Québec has adopted an international cooperation policy that states the principles that guide his actions at the international level. This policy specifies the objectives sought by the Institution and presents its intervention strategy in this field.
The actions of the Directeur général des élections du Québec abroad fall within a precise intervention framework, the main elements of which may be defined as follows:
- the country must make an official request to the Directeur général des élections, Québec or Canadian government authorities, or an international organization;
- prior to making a commitment, the Directeur général des élections du Québec analyses the context and reflects on the objectives to be attained as well as on the impact of an eventual program on the sociopolitical environment of the country or countries concerned;
- the implementation of cooperation programs must respect the sovereignty of the countries concerned as well as the specific identity and values of the individuals and institutions involved;
- cooperation programs must reflect the Institution’s concern about sharing and transferring the experience and expertise it has acquired over the years;
- an effective participation by the various players in the decision-making, coordination and resource assignment processes is essential;
- the Directeur général des élections du Québec favours the development of partnerships within the context of his international cooperation programs;
- the international cooperation programs of the Directeur général des élections du Québec are in line with the strict continuity of the mandate entrusted to the Institution by the Québec legislator and within the limits of the available resources.
For more information, we invite you to consult the International Cooperation Policy of the Directeur général des élections du Québec.
International Cooperation Policy (In French)
( PDF: 105 KB, 27 pages)