In this section
Schools and organizations
An opportunity to learn and experience democracy through a simulation!
The program provides an original and dynamic way for elementary (cycle 3) and secondary (general and vocational) teaching staff to introduce democracy education into the classroom. Likewise, youth organizations can give young people a unique, hands-on experience of democracy.
During Voters in Training election simulations, young people vote for candidates running in their electoral division.
This component of the program includes educational activities designed to raise awareness about the importance of voting and civic engagement. In fact, these activities are aligned with the Quebec Education Program!
Voters in Training is offered free of charge throughout Québec, in both English and French (under the name Électeurs en herbe).
The election simulation process
- Teaching staff at elementary (cycle 3) and secondary schools, as well as youth organization representatives can register for the Voters in Training program by completing an online form.
- Educational activities prepare participating young people for the voting process.
- Registered schools receive all required election materials (ballot boxes, polling booths, ballot papers).
- Election simulations are held a few days before the real elections.
- The results are posted the day after the elections on the Élections Québec website. Young participants can then compare the results of their simulation with those of the real election.
Registration until September 16, 2022
Publications and visuals
We have designed publications that you can customize and post on your different platforms or use as inspiration to create your own.
- Results of the 2022 provincial election simulations (available as of October 4, 2022)
- Results of the 2021 municipal election simulations
- Results of the 2018 provincial election simulations
- Results of the 2017 municipal election simulations
Small polling stations
Experience democracy as a family!
Small polling stations allow children accompanying their parents to learn about the electoral process by voting for themselves.
- Small polling stations results – 2022 provincial general election (available as of October 4, 2022)
- Small virtual polling station results – Marie-Victorin
- Small virtual polling station results – 2021 municipal general elections
- Small virtual polling station results – Jean-Talon
- Small virtual polling station results – Roberval
- Small virtual polling station results – 2018 provincial general elections