In this section
Learn more about democracy and elections
Democracy is a political system that allows electors to vote to elect candidates to represent them and make decisions in the government on their behalf.
- Quebec’s electoral systems
- Major milestones in an election period
- You can also consult the information document on voting in Quebec and Canada (PDF).
Understanding the vote
Voting is a simple action that keeps democracy alive. Discover all the facets of voting.
- Why vote?
- How do I vote?
- When and where can I vote?
- Can you vote?
- Deciding who to vote for
- Find your provincial electoral division
The list of electors
To vote, you must be entered on the list of electors for your domiciliary address.
- How the list of electors works
- Make sure you are entered on the list of electors
- Register your name on the list of electors or change your information
Get involved with and participate in our democracy
There are many ways to get involved in an election.
Learn, understand and experience democracy
Discover a variety of educational programs and content about elections, the right to vote and participating in democracy.
- Small polling stations, to experience elections as a family
- Video clips: Democratic Minute (in French)
- Online Educational Resource Directory
Register for a Voting in Québec information session
Voting in Québec information sessions are offered on the first Wednesday of each month. It takes place online. It lasts 60 minutes and is facilitated by a member of the Democracy Education Department. It allows you to understand how elections work and to learn everything you need to know to exercise your right to vote.
At this information session, you will learn about:
- How the election works (the political system, how the electoral map is divided, the voting system)
- The polling proceedings (entry on the list of electors, different voting options, identification to bring when you vote, steps in the voting process)
Information about the session
- Language: French
- Date: 1st Wednesday of each month
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Location: online (the link will be sent to you after your registration)